Monday 28 September 2015

Chocolate Chip Scone

Oh my goodness! Its another baking post!
This wont be the last, I hope to do some Halloween themed baking posts!

Something my family love to eat are scones, I like cheese compared to plain scones and I recently decided to try something different....Chocolate chip scones! These are my favourite scones and I just had to share them on the blog....lets get into it!

What you will need:
225g Self raising flour
50g cold butter
Pinch of salt
120ml Milk
100g Chocolate Chips
Round tin

1. To begin with get the boring stuff out of the way, pre heat your oven to 220 degrees and line or grease your tin.

2. Measure out the flour and salt and place into the mixing bowl followed by the butter.

3. Now this is where things start to get messy, Rub together the butter and flour using your fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.

4. Add the milk to the mixture and stir everything together. Once everything is mixed add in the chocolate chips and knead the dough in the bowl folding in the chocolate chips.
(It will look like a lot of Chocolate chips for scones but believe me its worth it they are yum!)

5. Place the dough straight into the round tin, spread it out slightly and pop it into the oven for 12-15mins and then done!!

Enjoy baking!! 
Leave a comment if you try these, I would love to know!


No comments:

Post a Comment