Wednesday 19 September 2012

How to make your own Wonka Sweets!

Sometimes i think its only me and my brother who remember these but when Charlie and the Chocolate factory came out in the UK in.....2005 i think. They brought out a selection of 3/4 sweets/chocolate, i know there was a small Wonka bar and a packet of chocolate covered sweets, which were actually Jelly Tots covered in Chocolate.
Anyway the other day... Sunday to be precise they were showing Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory on Channel 5, i was telling my youngest brother about the Wonka sweets you could get, he was only 2 when they came out so he wouldn't of been able remember them. We then decided to make them, there the most easiest thing to make in the world.

 STEPS:
1. To make these ones you will want Jelly Tots, I would advise looking in the Christmas isles for the tubes of these, i had such a struggle trying to find the small packets. You also want a bar of chocolate, I used Galaxy and oh my they were yummy mixed together. (If your in a different county reading this and want to make them i advise you to buy any small gummy sweets and a bar of chocolate). I got both of these things from Tesco for £1 each.
On my second lot i used Cadburys Chocolate.
2. To begin with you want to melt the whole bar, If you buy the tube then yes you will need a whole bar trust me. I put the chocolate into the Microwave for 30seconds so the chocolate melted completely.
DONT DO IT ANYMORE AS IT WILL BURN.
(Like it did for me on my second lot)

3. This step it is up to you how you do it, there is probably an easy alternative to it. I used cocktail sticks and put them into the sweet and dipped the sweet completely into the chocolate. Any easy way you could probably do it (which im going to consider next time) is to put the sweets into a separate bowl and then pour the chocolate into the same bowl and mix together. I would use a spoon to take the sweets out.
4. Next you want to leave the sweets on a plate, make sure you separate the sweets so they dont dry stuck together. Then place them into the fridge and leave them for a couple of hours until there completely dry. 
5.Eat away...there so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment