Saturday 5 November 2016

Käthe Wohlfahrt - York






Also known as Heaven on Earth.

I wanted to do this post way back in August not long after I had been to this beautiful shop....but I thought It might be a bit to early for the christmas blog posts to start (and that's coming from me a person who spends all year obsessing over christmas).

Every year I go to York I ALWAYS ended up in the Christmas shop...this year I discovered that my favourite little shop had gone and a new and bigger christmas shop had opened up just around the corner. 
This shop is huge (Its like the Tardis....bigger on the inside!), spread over two floors and each room has different decorations for example - Advent Calendars and Cards, Nutcrackers and a room just filled with cuckoo clocks.

I loved the attention to detail - the shop is originally German (the branch in York is the first in the UK) so they have traditional German christmas music playing, the uniform has been kept quite traditional something they would wear in Germany, as well as all this they have the biggest nutcracker I have ever seen (When we walked through the town one evening, everywhere was shut I passed this shop and they had the nutcracker standing in the door way and it terrified the life out of me!) as well as a large (going through both floors) spinning christmas tree.

I have now made myself miss being in York even more after doing this post - oh how I wish I was going into this shop again...until next August!

Note: I did get some decorations from here but I have brought a selection of new christmas decorations this year I might do a separate post on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment