Friday 21 September 2012

17 Smoulder Gel Eyeliner || Review

'17 Smoulder Gel Eyeliner, Silky, Smooth and Smudge proof. 16 hour wear. All the precision of a liquid liner but with a softer, silkier finish. Includes mini brush for foolproof application. Layer up for a smouldering eye look or use as a base for eye shadow for ultimate intensity.'
£3.99 , 17, Boots
I have been looking at Gel eyeliners for a while and today decided to get one and try it out. Im not one for things like these im always aware of poking myself in the eye alot more than a normal eyeliner pen, plus them working. I was looking at the MUA one on and off and found this one in Boots, the Gel liner from MUA was £3 where as this was £3.99....for 99p more you get a more reasonable size. I have wanted to try the Maybelline Gel Liner but to begin with i wanted to start of with something like this and see how it works for me and then maybe purchase it.  
This applies so smooth on your eyes plus it is very black which i really like, i love a very black eyeliner!
You would probably only want to use this if you are not rushing out anywhere as you would need to be quite precise for the lines you want.
I find that in this weather the colder air hurts/stings my eyes so i find that when i touch my eyes my eyeliner seems to be slightly smudged onto my fingers, this surprisingly doesn't do it which i really like.

What i dont like about this product is that it doesn't stay perfect all day, i find that it starts to flake away and that ends up all around your eyes. The product does last on your eyes though it just doesn't stay perfect so you would need to touch it up when possible. The other thing i dont like is the size of the brush, its just absolutely useless.

If you want to try a Gel Liner i advice something cheaper like this first before you buy something like the Maybelline Gel Liner. I know its only £7.99 but if you have never used it before i do advise it, plus this may not stay perfect all day but it is still a good product.

No comments:

Post a Comment